[Wine]MS office and spell checker

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Aug 22 15:29:59 CDT 2004

Dan Sawyer wrote:

> Word fails to offer the spell checker option under tools at all. Excel
> offers it but them fails with a "cannot initialize spell checker" error
> message.

If I run Wine with WINEDEBUG=+loaddll, about the last DLL loaded by
Word2K is:

trace:loaddll:load_dll Loaded module L"C:\\Program Files\\Common
Files\\Microsoft Shared\\Proof\\MSSPELL3.DLL" : native

Maybe something changed that is preventing that from being loaded from a
native partition (just a wild guess). It might need a regression test,
if you are up to running CVS.
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-devel/cvs-regression