[Wine]wine sound ??

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 22 17:34:29 CDT 2004

Dan Sawyer wrote:

> fixme:wavemap:wodWrite Not all src buffer has been written, expect
> bogus sound

This is probably a bug in wine msacm PCM conversion routines.  There is
an off by one
bug when doing certain sample rate conversions.  Normally you wouldn't
get this error
unless the format your program requested isn't supported in hardware.

> err:wave:wodOpen fragment size set failed, size is now 4096
> Your Open Sound System driver did not let us configure small enough
> sound fragments.
> This may cause delays and other problems in audio playback with
> certain applications.

Either your hardware is picky or driver for it is not that great.

It would be interesting to see what your program is doing on your hardware.
Could you e-mail me a trace file generated by running your program like
this:

WINEDEBUG=+wave,+dsound wine yourprogram.exe >& trace

where yourprogram.exe is the name of your program.

You could also run the wave and dsound regression tests.

cd wine/dlls/winmm/tests
WINETEST_INTERACTIVE=1 wine winmm_test.exe.so wave

and

cd wine/dlls/dsound/tests
WINETEST_INTERACTIVE=1 wine dsound_test.exe.so dsound