[Wine]Re: batch file fails, individual programs in it run

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Aug 24 21:25:27 CDT 2004

Thus spake "Ivan Leo Puoti":
> Can you do cvs regression testing?

Yeah, I 'll give that a shot. Just to clarify, am I supposed to be zeroing
in on the last date for which the version of Wine in CVS doesn't choke on
my batch file, and from there determining which modification caused the
problem?

> If not, can you send me a copy of foo.exe and foo.bat, if the licence allows
> it?

My foo.exe was the binary for this trivial C program:

int main() { return 0; }

and foo.bat was created like this: echo 'foo.exe' >foo.bat

The MS Visual C++ compiler---which is what I'm trying to use---gives the same
errors as foo.exe when run from a batch file, as does Trolltech's qmake. That's
a diverse enough sample to convince me that the problem has nothing whatsoever
to do with the particular binary being run.