[Wine]Com ports working?

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 25 04:11:56 CDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:44:22 +0200, you wrote:

> Richard W. Knight schrieb:
> > Has anyone been able to get the com ports working under any recent
> > version of Wine? I need to get basic dial-up access to a PBX and
> > Voice-mail console but have not yet been able to get my modem to work
> > with Wine. I have links to Com1, Com2, Com3 and Com4 in
> > ~/.wine/dosdevices. My com ports work fine with Minicom and with KPPP
> > but apps in WIne do not recognize the ports at all.
>
> I had problems with com ports, too, and I could not solve them by
> now. Unfortunately I never got any answer on this list. So I think
> no-one else is interested in that topic.

That is too fast a conclusion, in your case it just means no one knows
the answer.  If every one on this list that would be interested in the
topic, would have replied you would get a few hundred messages, "sorry
don't know" and another zillion of kindly offered but wrong suggestions.
Luckily most people let is pass quietly.

In your case I would suggest trying the cvs code. Not much hope though,
setting baud rate should even work now, it works everywhere AFAICT.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl