[Wine]Com ports working?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Thu Aug 26 04:36:49 CDT 2004

Hi!
  As I've posted recently I tried to run the Siemens Mobile Phone Update program
with wine, with no success.
  The first problem was that the program didn't access the ports and required
a special registry key to exist (see the thread of my previous post for details)
describing what ports are there. The hint to set the windoze version to win98
didn't help, the program continued to read the key. After inserting the key with
a correct value (as suggested, see the above thread), the program started to
access the ports, but was not able to detect the mobile. Debug with +comms
reported that the port was accessed, but no data transfer occured.
  I'm planning to retest this with the current CVS, my test were made about
3 weeks back.
                             With regards, Pavel Troller