[Wine]warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName (Xilinx)

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:12:10 CDT 2004

> > Wine failed with return code 1
I think this is the error Craig is concerned with.  Even though he is
only getting warnings, those warnings are probably the cause of wine
failing.

> Any reason why you think these warnings are a problem?
All warnings should be taken to heart.  A warning is a caution that
says "something might be wrong here so look into it."  If a program is
running smoothly and not messing up, then we shouldnt be issuing
warnings, because everything is running correctly.  Just like when
compiling, warnings should always be looked in to.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 21:58:50 +0200, Rein Klazes <rklazes at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:40:58 +0000, you wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've recently installed WINE on my Debian system (Kernel 2.4.18) so that I
> > can run some Xilinx software.  However, when I run the software (xst to be
> > precise) WINE ends with this error message:
> >
> > warn:msvcrt:MSVCRT_sscanf 1 ("%d"): semi-stub
> > warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName L"asyl282.ren" not found in
> > '/home/d73/.wine/fake_windows/VHDL/test'
> > warn:file:CreateFileW Unable to get full filename from L".\\asyl282.ren"
> > (GLE 2)
> > warn:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen :failed-last error (2)
> > warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName L"xil37b.tmp" not found in
> > '/home/d73/.wine/fake_windows/Temp'
> > warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName L"xil37c.tmp" not found in
> > '/home/d73/.wine/fake_windows/Temp'
> > Wine failed with return code 1
> >
> > The version of WINE I'm using is 20040121 (Debian Backport).
> >
> > Does anyone know what the cause of this error is (and how do I fix it)?
>
> One, your wine is far too old. Try the latest version, or perhaps one
> release older but no more.
>
> Second, these are warnings not errors. A programs that takes care not to
> overwrite files will produce such warnings.
>
> Any reason why you think these warnings are a problem?
>
> Rein.
> --
> Rein Klazes
> rklazes at xs4all.nl