[Wine]warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName (Xilinx)

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 02:39:28 CDT 2004

Have you bothered to look at the wine-devel docs?

"WARN - These are warning messages. You should report a warning when
something unwanted happens, and the function can not deal with the
condition. This is seldomly used since proper functions can usually
report failures back to the caller. Think twice before making the
message a warning."

Something unwanted happened: wine failed.  Craig was wise in showing
these warnings to wine-devel so that someone with enough knowledge on
wine can assess the underlying error.  You said it best yourself:

> They are there because they MAY indicate trouble.

That is exactly right.  These warnings quite possibly are the reason
wine is failing, and they should be looked into in order to find out
the problem.  Thanks Craig for posting as much information about the
problem as you have.  It will be a big help to all of the developers
that take a look at the problem.

One solution might be to run the program with WINEDEBUG=+loaddll so
the command would be:

WINEDEBUG=+loaddll wine nameofprog.exe

This will show you a list of the dlls that nameofprog.exe loads in
order to call those api's.  If you could send a message back to the
list with the output when you run this, we can see if you need to dl a
native dll and use that instead to get the program working.

--
James Hawkins