[Wine]TrueType fonts, 3d modellers and wine

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat Aug 28 06:17:58 CDT 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:27:17 +1000, you wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Many 3d modellers can use TrueType fonts to create 3D objects of words.
>
> Lightwave and Behemont are two that spring to mind. I can't find any on
> linux.
>
> However, both lightwave and behemont give me the error:
> fixme:commdlg:CFn_WMInitDialog No font found with truetype only,
> dropping flag
>
> This is after the font has been correctly displayed in a "font
> selection" box. The error seems to occur when the 3d modeller attempts
> to convert the font to vertices or something. I'm thinking that maybe
> the program is using a low-level api that gets the location of the font
> so it can use its own loader, instead of a higher level wine/win api.
>
> Has anyone encountered this error before, and any suggestions on how to
> fix it? Or, aternatively, does anyone know a  3d modeller in linux that
> can load truetype fonts as objects?

In the font selection box are these TrueType fonts marked with a TT
icon?
If not, you are fonts rendered by X and wine is not able to do much
sophisticated things with it. The most easy way to use your fonts with
wine rendering them is to copy the *.ttf font files to your
C:\Windows\Fonts\ directory.

If that does not solve the problem then send me the zipped output of the
program when you start wine with:

WINEDEBUG=+commdlg wine ... &> wine.log

(replace the dots with your program and arguments)

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl