[Wine] Re: Pegasus Mail: Opening HTTP links in linux browser

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Sat Aug 28 15:18:38 CDT 2004

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> The "link" (or whatever it exactly is) "winebrowser" works also in my installation.
> "winebrowser <URL>" starts mozilla with the used URL,

It works for me this way too.

> but it isn't registered as as default browser. Pegasus Mail also don't
> start mozilla if I even use "winebrowser" as user defined web browser
> via the settings dialog.

The problem in my case is the Konqueror receiving "%1" string instead of
an URL.  Bad.  I have run mIRC with in this way:

$ WINEDEBUG=+exec wine /home/s2/cc/Program\ Files/mIRC/mirc

and now I see some problem in the Wine output:

trace:exec:ShellExecuteA 0x10024,open,http://mirc.kems.net/register.html,(null),F:\cc\Program Files\mIRC\,5
trace:exec:ShellExecuteExA 0x4074e21c
trace:exec:ShellExecuteExW32 mask=0x00000000 hwnd=0x10024 verb=L"open" file=L"http://mirc.kems.net/register.html" parm=(null) dir=L"F:\\cc\\Program Files\\mIRC\\" show=0x00000005 class=not used
trace:exec:ShellExecuteExW32 execute:L"http://mirc.kems.net/register.html",L"",L"F:\\cc\\Program Files\\mIRC\\"
trace:exec:SHELL_ExecuteW Execute L"http://mirc.kems.net/register.html" from directory L"F:\\cc\\Program Files\\mIRC\\"
trace:exec:SHELL_ExecuteW returning 2
trace:exec:SHELL_FindExecutable L"http://mirc.kems.net/register.html"
trace:exec:SHELL_FindExecutable xlpFile=L"",extension=(null)
warn:exec:SHELL_FindExecutable Returning 31 - No association
trace:exec:ShellExecuteExW32 Got URL: L"http://mirc.kems.net/register.html"
trace:exec:execute_from_key Got ddeexec L"http\\shell\\open\\ddeexec" => L"\"%1\",,-1,0,,,,"
err:ddeml:DdeConnect Done with INITIATE, but no Server window available
trace:exec:dde_connect Launching 'L"winebrowser \"%1\""'
trace:exec:SHELL_ExecuteW Execute L"winebrowser \"%1\"" from directory L"F:\\cc\\Program Files\\mIRC\\"
trace:exec:SHELL_ExecuteW returning 33
err:ddeml:DdeConnect Done with INITIATE, but no Server window available
trace:exec:dde_connect Couldn't connect. ret=33
trace:exec:ShellExecuteExW32 retval 30

Is it a bug:
trace:exec:execute_from_key Got ddeexec L"http\\shell\\open\\ddeexec" => L"\"%1\",,-1,0,,,,"
?

I suppose yes, as the \"%1\" string should be replaced somewhere near with
the URL originally passed to the ShellExecuteA() call (and the string
doesn't get replaced).

Is it a bug in Wine code, what do list members think (especially Rein)?