[Wine]menu bar doesnt work

michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com michael at cherryblossom.homelinux.com
Sun Aug 29 22:48:49 CDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 10:31:52PM +0200, Attila Csosz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We developed an application under windows with borland cbuilder 5 and
> now we want run under linux with wine (not using an windows partition).
> We have tried with the latest version ( compiled and installed from CVS
> ) under "debian testing" linux distribution. This is mainly an opengl

I presume that means your system is a Debian Testing (what release is
this, Woody or Sid?), and you downloaded CVS, and built it.

Have you tried the last release, instead?  CVS may or may not be
unstable for even development purposes, depending on what happens every
time a patch is submitted.

> application and almost everything works fine but the menu bar dont
> works, clicking to the menu bar but nothing happened. Have you any idea?

How are you launching the program and wine?  Are you using mime-types or
KDE, or are you using an xterm window?  Also, what warns, fixmes and/or
errors do you get, (or try using it in and xterm and tell us what you
get), and what you get with debug channels.

Also, you may want to upgrade things like libwine, libcx, wine-utils, or
whatever to the latest version in either testing or unstable.

Finally, you *may* want to try apt-get source to get the 20040716 from
unstable (it's one month old though, last rel. at time of writing was
20040813 or something -- put an "dpkg-src ... unstable ..." entry in
your sources.list and then use apt-get update, then build, using
instructions you can find in (for example) FAQs on google).