[Wine]IEXPLORE not working for me (was: EXPLORE in wine/cvs works!)

N. Owen Gunden ogunden at phauna.org
Mon Aug 30 11:01:05 CDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:51:37PM +0200, Joris Huizer wrote:
> Just yesterday, I decided to give the current wine in cvs another try
> (I was using the monthly version that came out a week ago before that)
> -- and it seems thing's gotten better as IEXPLORE.EXE *works* (it did
> in the monthly version, but I hadn't seen it run successfully on
> wine-cvs before)
>
> (last time I installed IE using
> http://www.frankscorner.org/index.php?p=ie6  method 2)

I just installed IE6 according to method 2 on that page as well.  I
think I've almost got it working; when I start IEXPLORE.EXE an explorer
window pops up but nothing happens when I type a url in and hit enter
(or click "go").  I just have a blank page.  Nothing comes up in the
status bar either.  I do get a lot of these messages (about 50 every
time I do anything in the explorer window) spammed to the terminal that
started wine:

fixme:win:GetProcessWindowStation (void): stub
fixme:win:GetProcessWindowStation (void): stub

I'm using the cvs version of wine that I checked out yesterday (August
29).  Kernel 2.6.8, gentoo linux.

Any help would be appreciated!

 - O