[Fwd: Re: [Wine]segmentation error]

John Williamson roseneath at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 30 16:09:50 CDT 2004

> Never got chance to have a look at CVS but August version has stopped
> the segfault. However when I run quickbooks it hangs for ages on
> eventually load after about 20 minutes. Unfortunately it is then locked
> up. I tried testing notepad, but this loads briefly then crashes with
> the following errors,

> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  15 (X_QueryTree)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0x3400004
>   Serial number of failed request:  122
>   Current serial number in output stream:  122"
>
> Where do I go from here? I cannot obtain strace info if needed.
>

> Thanks

Oops, I am making a mess of these emails. The post was originally a
follow up to one about get segfaults with wine versions for June and
July with the new 2.6 kernel. The August update has improved a few
things but there are still problems as intimated above. The last
statement should read,

I can obtain strace info if required.

Sorry about that, recent holiday to France involving lots of Vin Rouge
appears to have affected my brain.