[Wine]WINE, Microsoft Office 2000 and FreeBSD

Jason But jbut at swin.edu.au
Sun Dec 5 18:04:36 CST 2004

Hello all,

I know that WINE development is primarily geared towards Linux, but we run a
FreeBSD environment where we are.  We had a look at CrossOver Office but
could not get it to run under FreeBSD.  A couple of us at CAIA
(http://www.caia.swin.edu.au) took some spare time and worked to see if we
could make it all work for our environment.

We managed to succeed and now have a MS Office 2000 installation working well
under FreeBSD and WINE 20040505.

For anybody who would like a set of step-by-step instructions on how to do
this, you can find our report at

http://caia.swin.edu.au/reports/041129A

Happy MS Officing under FreeBSD :-)

Jason But and Kris Mitchell