[Wine]wine-20041201 and iTunes

M-Halo masochisthalo at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 11:54:33 CST 2004

--- Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 00:36:30 -0500, Rith Bala wrote:
> > What about usb and firewire support ? Is that
> included ?
>
> USB in iTunes works but with a lot of fiddling
> about. We have a
> proprietary script in CrossOver to automate most of
> it. FireWire isn't
> stable enough Linux-side to develop against yet.

Is USB support just for iTunes or is it supported
generally with the 20041201 release?  There is a
Guitarport application that runs rather well in Wine
(it requires external hardware connected via USB), but
it says there is no USB device connected.  (I used an
earlier version of Wine.)

My understanding was that USB support wasn't coming
for awhile.  Am I hearing differently? :) :)

Hiji