[Wine]drives - semi newbie

David L. Smith smithfamily at oswego.net
Sat Dec 11 00:51:48 CST 2004

Okay, on the nth reading about drives at
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-user/config-drive-main
I see that I simply need to type P:\usr\mywine, or, in my case, P:\mnt\crate
to access my FAT drive. But, ya know, it seems I cannot find where I am to
type this. Now, in the ancient past, I have done this in an ancient wine
version by putting it in a certain section in the configuration file, but is
that what I am supposed to do now? I think I'm supposed to put it into the
[Wine] section. Is this correct? Since fstab lists my ntfs drives as
read-only, will Wine honor that?

More questions about drives. I think the docs are saying that if I point to my
NT window files on my NTFS drive, then Wine will use them. I take it that
this means that it will use the unix file system to read 'em in without
writing. Is this true?

btw, I found a remark about font resolution in my re-reading of
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-user/config-file
Since some of the apps still have shaky fonts, I hope this is saying that
changing the font resolution will fix the problem.

blessings,
David L. Smith