[Wine]RE: Tracktion

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Fri Dec 17 01:29:10 CST 2004

On Friday 17 December 2004 00:27, you wrote:
> > But .. one would not get anywhere near this far with
> > Sonar.
>
> I have:
> http://appdb.winehq.com/appview.php?appId=205&versionId=2615

Interesting kludges!

I have been trying to run off a real Windows installation rather than a
fake/local one. So I expect the results to be different. In any event, since
Wine is an emulator, latency and audio effectiveness would be questionable at
best.

Tracktion does sample successfully all the VSTs it can find. The main problem
I have with it is child pop-up windows not been visible so much of the UI is
disabled.

Attempt to run Home Studio (Sonar's not-so-little sister) crash out.

The only audio I have succeded with in Wine is using Wine's OSS interface.
Neither ALSA or Jack have worked (even though the actual sound would be going
through a ALSA driver). MIDI out through MPU401 works in many Wine runs. MIDI
in through a USB interface has been problematic but has worked sometimes.