[Wine]Xara X Install or Execute

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Dec 18 23:43:35 CST 2004

J Facemyer wrote:
> I'm trying to run Xara X either from native windows directory or from
> local fake windows directory.  When I run it from windows dir, I get the
> splash screen and then it hangs.  When I try to install locally (using
> msi installer) it doesn't work.

ISTR a lot of problems with the MSI installer, completely separate from
whatever app is being installed. Does it successfully install?

> Anybody have this installed or running?  This is the last thing I need
> for a fully functional DTP box!  It would be a shame to have to quit here!

Well, after following WINE for a year or so, I didn't even bother trying
Xara X. Too often (for my taste), an application that works with one
version of WINE gets broken in a later version under which some other
application finally works. Also, a tech at Xara told me that it (Xara X)
didn't work with WINE.

I'm running Xara X1 quite happily using NeTraverse' Win4Lin and my
existing Windows98 license.

Have you taken a look at Inkscape for vector graphics?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com