[Wine]Problem Installing 20041201

Adam D adam_d35 at yahoo.ca
Sun Dec 26 12:19:25 CST 2004

Season's greetings to all and Happy New Year.
I've been trying to install wine-20041201 in
Debian-like Knoppix 3.6, Kernel 2.6.7 for a while now
but my pre-existing wine version didn't change
(2004516). Naturally, I've tried winehq site and
google for any potential help but in vain.
Successfully installed latest Winetools anyway, but I
needed to update my wine. I then removed my previous
wine and tried to install 20041201. Option 1:
./configure, make depend, make, and make install led
to [msvcrt.dll.so] error 2 the first time, and to
[winetest/__install__] error 2, the second time. When
I used ./tools/wineinstall, installation went all the
way with no errors, but later when I typed wine
--version, I keep getting the following:
wine: failed to initialize:
/usr/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory. And wine doesn't even
start!
Tried cvs update all the way to compilation and
installation, and still the same error message. I do
have 20041019.tar.gz but I haven't tried it yet. Any
help will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Adam