[Wine]Xara X Install or Execute

J Facemyer faceman at impressusart.com
Mon Dec 27 07:22:44 CST 2004

I figured it out - I finally figured out file permissions for my fat
drives, and Xara started up from my Windows partition just fine (I
thought I had the permissions correct, but I didn't have user write
yet.)  However, since that didn't change the situation of the face c:
install I wanted, it didn't solve the problem, but I knew that the font
itself was not a problem with wine.  The problem was that Xara was
trying to write to the font file or something.  So it seemed like the
font file newly installed might be different from that which had been
used already by Xara.  Sure enough, the files were different between the
fake drive with the new install and the fat drive where I had been using
Xara under windows.  So I copied the font file from the fat partition
into my fake drive fonts dir, and it worked fine!  Don't know why it was
trying to write to the font file or why it wouldn't work, but that seems
to be what the problem was.  Hope that makes sense.  Thanks for your help!

Note: it doesn't work perfectly.  I can't see the handles on anything
when I edit splines, and the spaces in fonts come up as blocks, so if
anyone has any hints, I'd appreciate the help.

faceman