[Wine]Disappearing Text

Will Kamishlian will at will-k.com
Mon Dec 27 18:51:07 CST 2004

Hi-

I recently upgraded my workstation, and in the process upgraded Wine and
X.org to the latest stable versions.  Wine works fine for all my apps.
with one annoying exception.  Text is not properly displayed in ListPro
(iliumsoft).  ListPro is a hierarchical list manager that syncs with Palm
Pilot.

The problem is that only the first line of text is displayed in the notes
pane.  The rest of the text in the notes pane is actually there -- each
line shows in reverse if I select it. The text in the notes pane actually
displays fully if there is enough text to force the scrollbar to
appear.

Note that all other text in the ListPro works just fine, and ListPro
worked fine prior to my upgrades.

I have tried debugging this, including the following, but I have come up
empty:

- Debugged dll's
- Debugged fonts
- Checked warning messages
- Checked error messages
- Read wine-users archives for the past year

I do get one warning that I haven't been able to figure out:

warn:gdi:GDI_GetObjPtr Invalid handle (nil)

On the other hand, this warning occurs so frequently, that I doubt that it
has anything to do with the text display in the notes pane.

Any suggestions or debugging help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm
wondering if the problem actually lies with my X-server and how it paints
up text, but I have no idea how to debug this.

TIA for any help,

-Will