[Wine]Windows 'Administrator rights'

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 15:00:20 CST 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:51:28 -0800, Charles N Wyble
<charles at thewybles.com> wrote:
>   This is a good question. Funny ..... ms office doesn't exhibit this
> bug. I wonder why not?
>
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >   I'm taking a look at installing Autocad 2005. The installation
> >program starts but then tells me I have to log in with administrator
> >rights. I looked through the config file (wine-20041019) but didn't
> >find anything that looks like it will enable Windows Administrator
> >rights. How can I get this to work?
> >
> >   Off to Google in parallel.
> >
> >Thanks much,
> >Mark

I don't know why it doesn't come up with more programs. I've not seen
this before either.

In Googling around I find other accounts of people askingthis question
but so far none of their quieries have been answered.

I'm wondering if there might be a registry entry for this. Under
Windows NT & XP you can add different users to the group of
administrators. I presume this is placed in the registry so maybe
there's a way for me to put my user account in the registry to
temporarily make this work?

Thanks,
Mark