[Wine]Cluster size not supported

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Thu Dec 30 03:09:20 CST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:56:19 -0500, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a similar problem, I get "The cluster size in this system is
> not supported."
>
> I get this when running wine InstMsiA.exe (using the version from
> microsoft.com). It comes up in a windows message box. I'm running wine
> from yesterday's cvs.
>
> I tried running Rein's test program from this old email and I get the
> following output:
>
> % wine fds 'c:\'
> ret 1 gle 0
> sectpclust 1 bytpersect 1104350701 freeclust 1 totalclust 1
> sectpclust 1 bytpersect 41d30ded freeclust 1 totalclust 1

What is the output of df for this drive?

What file system (ext2, ext3, reiserfs etc.)?

What Linux distribution ?

Two people contacted me that the problem went away after specifying
lba32 in their lilo.conf. Another upgraded from ext2 to ext3 and never
saw the problem anymore.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes