Winsock Error with IP based client Software

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 7 11:00:02 CST 2004

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:10:35 -0500 , you wrote:

> Rein,
>
> Thanks for the feedback on the 'socket' problem.  The code you suggested did
> get rid of the 'winsock' error.

Good, I expected that, but did it also enable the communication?

I will have to look into this a bit further to see what really the right
fix is, I may have to come back to you.

> However, now I'm having a problem with the
> 'text' font (see below)?
>
> fixme:font:WineEngCreateFontInstance Untranslated charset 255

I am not sure if this is a problem.

> The application locks up when I try to update or set the 'text font'.

Describe this more clearly. What is update supposed to do? Does set 'the
text font' bring up the common font selection dialog?

> I did
> download and install several of the TTF fonts, but this did not help.
> Thanks again for you help.

Is this a showstopper for using this program?

And I cannot remember what Wine version you are using.

Something you can try is to use X (server side rendered) fonts only. In
your ~/.wine/config make sure the following entries are set to "N":

[x11drv]
; Use the Render extension to render client side fonts (default "Y")
"ClientSideWithRender" = "N"
; Fallback on X core requests to render client side fonts (default "Y")
"ClientSideWithCore" = "N"
; Set both of the previous two to "N" in order to force X11 server side fonts
;

(restore if the result is negative).

> I'm also having a problem try to get 'IE 6' to run (see below).  This seems
> to be related to the RPCRT4.DLL?

Maybe, but not from this trace.

> If you have any suggesting for that, I
> would really appreciate it.
>
> No debug information in 32bit DLL 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMHELPER.DLL'
> (0x7c520000)
> Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code
> (0x40f5006e).
> In 32-bit mode.
> 0x40f5006e (RPCRT4.DLL..data+0x20a06e): movl    0x0(%eax),%eax

I would expect a prompt like winedbg> here. Type 'bt' for the real
information (if we are lucky).

I have cc'd wine-users again. Please keep this discussion on the list.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl