Which ( any ) windows dlls should be moved to wine?

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Jan 4 19:57:36 CST 2004

sean wrote:
> I'm runiing wine-20031212 on a dual boot machine. I have both win98 and
> w2k installed.
>
> Other posts have suggested these be copied. Is the the right - complete?
>   -set?

It doesn't hurt to copy all the DLLs over. But my suggestion is that in
the ~/.wine/config file, you use the default settings that comes with
Wine, which configures Wine to use mostly builtin DLLs:
[DllOverrides]
"msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
"mciavi.drv"   = "native, builtin"
"mcianim.drv"  = "native, builtin"
"msi"          = "native, builtin"
"*" = "builtin, native"

And then if a particular application is having a problem with a
particular Wine DLL, then add a section for just that app to change the
default:
[AppDefaults\\winword.exe\\DllOverrides]
"oleaut32"     = "native, builtin"
"ole32"        = "native, builtin"
"comctl32"     = "native"
"rpcrt4"       = "native"