Wine troubles on Diskless workstations.....

Alex Stewart Roboman at energeticvisions.com
Wed Jan 7 20:18:39 CST 2004

> The goal of wine is to eventually provide enough "builtin" libraries
> and functionnality to emulate a full windows installation. Builtin
> libraries are wrote by the wine team. You can find them here on
> redhat9. In other words, this is where wine will look for "builtin"
> libraries:
> /usr/lib/wine/wine/ntdll.dll.so

I understand that. I think I didnt explain well enough... In the source
version of wine in the tools folder
there is a "wineinstall" script.... I opened this script and changed
the variable "prefix" so that it pointed
to the folder on my server that is in actuality the root of a
filesystem. After I install I make a compressed
tar.gz of the root file system that gets downloaded of the network by
diskless clients. Here in lies my problem.
When I run wine on the server it runs happy but when I run it on a
remote client
  it looks for its libs at :
/opt/pxes-0.7/stock/dist/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so   Which makes since. The
directory "dist"
is the distribution level of the root fs. So when it gets compressed
the nodes think dist is root ie the libraries
are in the file system there just not in
opt/pxes-0.7/stock/dist/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so they are in fact in  /lib
at the root of the ramdisk.......So my question is where is this path
stored? since I built from source is it hardcoded in the app?
or is it in a config file somewhere? I ask because I think all I need
to do is fix the path and wine will run...
any ideas anyone?
Thanx for the help
-Alex