Missing DLLs & More (was Re: Newbie with major problems)

J. Silverman oghistorian at msn.com
Thu Jan 8 11:49:37 CST 2004

Hi Ivan and All,

Before receiving your email, I tried a reinstall and told wineinstall to
create its own windows directory instead of using my NTFS XP partition.  I
tried Notepad again and it worked very well.  I then proceeded to install
other programs, but some installs keep complaining about missing dlls.  I
have both a windows 95 and 98 install cds that I could use to get dlls off
of, but how do I do that?  Also, what dlls are recommended to get off these
cds?

Besides this issue, I am also experiencing an issue with the default font (I
tried changing it in the config file, but it did nothing to change this
problem).  Check out this screenshot of AIM:

http://www.oghistoricalsociety.org/pic.jpg

The font of all the menus/etc. is extremely hard to read, and I know that
isn't normal for windows.  Is there a way to change this?

Thanks for all the help!  I appreciate it very much since I am very new to
the program.

J Silverman