Wine 20031212 Reboots Computer

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 9 02:47:00 CST 2004

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:38:00 -0700, you wrote:

> Ok, I installed it and rebooted to a standard Kernel. Still reboots the
> machine if I run a wine app. I tried to run notepad, then tried to run
> regedit.

Of course. Running Wine as a normal user cannot reboot the computer, it
seems to trigger a problem that lies somewhere else.

There seems to be a possible candidate: buggy Xlibs. Wine20031212 has,
by experiment, enabled threading in the Xlibs. If you were able to run
the previous wine (from November) but not the latest then there is a
chance that this patch: http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=10616 helps.

Please give it a try.

Rein.
--