Which ( any ) windows dlls should be moved to wine?

James E. LaBarre jamesl at bestweb.net
Mon Jan 12 10:06:42 CST 2004

Duane Clark wrote:
> While you are at it, you might want to copy fonts from win98 into the
> system/Fonts directory for Wine to use.

I have found you don't even have to *copy* fonts over (presuming you are
keeping a Win partition, that is).  I usually just switch to the
system/Fonts directory, and type:

         ln -s /c/winnt/Fonts/*.ttf .
         ln -s /c/winnt/Fonts/*.fon .

(it is important you have the trailing dot when linking from more than
one file)

I usually do it this way since I'm often blowing away & re-creating my
Wine config, since I'm experimenting with getting some stubborn WinApps
to install (such as eBay's TurboLister).  A lot quicker that copying
files over.  (the .fon files may not even be needed, but it's one simple
command, and hasn't crashed anything yet).