Old wines

saravanan saravananv at erdcitvm.org
Thu Jan 15 02:38:25 CST 2004

Thank You very much  Mr.Clark. I found the dll which is causing the hanging
of processor intensive tasks. It is MSVCRTD.dll.
  In both WINE versions (wine-20020327 & wine-20031016), I had copied the
msvcrtd.dll file to system folder. But I didn't make any changes in the
config file. The previous WINE takes the dll, even if it is not specified in
the config file, But latest does not, since it is having its own
msvcrtd.dll.so. file.
 So when I included the line
     "msvcrtd" = "native, builtin" in the config file , the program works
fine.

 Thank you Clark for your good advice.

So my advice to all wine users is that if you feel that the program, called
using wine, is working slow then try the following steps.
1) Copy Msvcrt.dll & msvcrtd.dll files from Windows to your wine's fake
system directory.

2) Include  the lines
   "msvcrt"       = "native, builtin"
   "msvcrtd"       = "native, builtin"
   in the [DllOverrides] section of your config file.

     It might work well.