wine cvs notes and proposed keyboard detection fix.

Shane Shields locutusenterprises at softhome.net
Sat Jan 17 13:36:26 CST 2004

Hi all
The latest wine cvs (2004-01-17) seems to have a few problems that I would
like to bring to attention.

Office 97 (turkish version) is unable to save new or opened documents and
displays a messagebox stating that the disk is full. This has happened since
cvs 2003-12-13.

Quicken 2000 displays the number 8 instead of a slash(/) in date fields eg.
1780182004 instead of 17/01/2004. This problem has been evident since before
cvs 2003-12-13.

The keyboard detection when starting wine does not detect my turkish keyboard
and choses a scandinavion keyboard instead. I had a look at the keyboard.c
and there is a turkish keyboard defined. I found in the
X11DRV_KEYBOARD_DetectLayout function that the keysym detection loop exited
at the first wrong match which resulted in an incorrect match for the
keyboard. Attached is a patch that appears (for me) to solve this problem.
This problem has been evident since before cvs 2003-12-13. Wine still states
that it is unable to find the correct keyboard but it at least loads and uses
the correct definition although some keys don't work correctly.

If someone could give me some pointers on where to look for the quicken and
office 97 problems I can try (free time dependant) to find out whats wrong.
--
Shane Shields

Registered LFS Compiler: 7582
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source