Spawned processes

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Jan 21 04:00:25 CST 2004

More common than one might think, even on the simplest Windows apps: Help!!,
spell-checkers, notepad popups--please register, browzer to check for
updates, etc, etc.

These generally lead to a Windows-exception. Offer to debug: Don't. Clicking
no MAY close the popup without incident and the wine session MAY continue or
conclude normally. Say yes and be prepare for a hunt and kill of several
winelauncher processes.

How might I fix my configuration to allow these spawns to happen (or if this
be impossible, block them silently)?? (i.e. which dll to make builtin or
native?)