Pegasus barfs w/ 2.6, but ok w/ 2.4

Ernst Ahlers ernst at e1a.de
Sat Jan 24 15:54:42 CST 2004

Hello all,

I'm stumped. Pegasus Mail 4.12a runs fine with wine-20040121
(compiled from source) under kernel 2.4.22, but fails such with
kernel 2.6.1:

ea at hop:~> wine 'D:/mail/pm4/winpm-32.exe'
Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current
working directory /home/ea; starting in windows directory.
err:module:map_image Could not map section .edata, file probably
truncated
err:module:import_dll Loading module (file) TER32.DLL (which is
needed by L"D:\\mail\\pm4\\winpm-32.exe") failed (error c000007b).
err:module:import_dll No implementation for TER32.DLL.CreateTerWindow
imported from L"D:\\mail\\pm4\\winpm-32.exe", setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:module:import_dll No implementation for TER32.DLL.DeselectTerText
imported from L"D:\\mail\\pm4\\winpm-32.exe", setting to 0xdeadbeef
(etc etc ...)

Drive D: (FAT32 formatted partition) is correctly mapped. The warning
about Drive x obviously doesn't stop Pegasus, since the execution of
the binary starts, as the errors about the DLL show.

I've tried the hints from the Troubleshooting section in the Wine
User Guide, but to no avail. The latest winecheck unfortunately barfs
itself (Bareword LDCONF not allowed...), but I don't suspect problems
with my wine configuration, as Pegasus runs fine under kernel 2.4.22.

Any hints?

Greets

Ernst
--
/"\   Ernst Ahlers, Hannover, Germany, www.e1a.de
\ /                       PGP-Key-ID: 0x3DD6 542D