ICQ 2002a & pro2003a problem

Teppo teppo.kouhia at mail.htk.fi
Sat Jan 31 05:51:46 CST 2004

Hi!

I'm a wine newbie, and I have problem with ICQ 2002a and ICQ Pro 2003a.
2002a installs fine after touch c/windows/system/setupapi.dll. But the
problem is that I can run icq.exe only if I delete my icq#.dat file in
icq/2002a dir. Otherwise ICQ hangs when I try to launch it. I have the
same exact problem with icq pro 2003a.

System:
Mandrake 9.2
Kernel 2.6.0
Wine 20040121 (I've tried both the RPM install and compile from source,
made no difference)
Native W98 drive (I've tried also a fake drive)
DLL config unchanged, except native riched32 and msvcrt for icq.exe

Teppo