[Wine]Pegasus Mail hangs during minimizing/maximizing of window

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Jul 8 06:11:58 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 12:48 +0200, Rein Klazes wrote:
> With the patch an icon appears in gnome's notification area and you can
> restore a responsive Pegasus from there :-)
>
> What is not so nice:
> - You can restore the Pegasus window, but the horizontal size is wrong
> (far too small);

That's a race condition in the x11 driver MapNotify AFAIK, it sometimes
happens when you switch desktops as well. I haven't debugged this
though.

> - The Pegasus icon still appears on the task bar (and is unusable);

You mean the systray icon is still docked in the Gnome panel?

> - Also when you change desktops, Pegasus re-appears unresponsive. Also
> here the notification area can be used to get a working window.

I'd guess this is an unrelated bug in Wine, but if it's deadlocked in
the GUI thread try getting a backtrace.

thanks -mike