[Wine]Re: FMOD audio engine fails to initialize DirectMusic

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Wed Jul 14 17:04:42 CDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Joachim von Thadden wrote:
> Am Mit, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:07:27 +0200 schrieb Saulius Krasuckas:
> > On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Tom wrote:
> > > Install native DirectX
> >
> > Native DX into the Wine system?  Will it install?  Which version would you
> > recommend then?
>
> No, never do this. It will not work.

I am pretty sure, it will be able to install.  It should do after some
DllOverride tweaking, IMHO.

> Wine has it's own DX emulation (7.x based).

Yes, and the "emulation" isn't sufficient in this case.  It lacks some
media library (gm.dls) and will continue to do so still for a very long
time [1], I am afraid.  So, even having a Windows license I would rather
find a way to install DX onto my Wine system - I dislike copying native
DLLs and having Windows installed at all.  That's my point - to use clean
Wine installation (besides to a Windows lincense). :-P

[1] http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-devel/2004/07/0176.html