[Wine]Help the wine project

Joshua Crawford mortarn_lists at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 29 23:12:50 CDT 2004

* Ivan Leo Puoti <puoti at inwind.it> [2004-07-28 19:14 +0200]:

> This is a simple thing that will seriously help wine development.
> The wine developers have created a test sistem to check if wine works
> like microsoft windows, but more users are needed to run the tests.
> A windows service has been created for this task, once installed, it will
> download the latest version of the wine tests, run them and  send the
> results to the winehq server. So if you have a computer running
> windows95/98/me/xp/server2003/nt3.51/nt4 then you can really help.
> To run the wine tests, download and install the winrash service from
> this page http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=103445
> thank you, Ivan.

I installed this on a windows 98se box. I can't say I like having the DOS
window open all the time (it's ugly). Can this not be written as a windows
programme, and sit in the system tray?

Also, during the installation process, after I entered my email address, the
installer removed what it called 'invalid characters' - i.e., underscores.
All my main email addresses contain underscores, so I was forced to enter an
old one that is not very reliable.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

"Television: A medium. So called because it is neither rare nor well done."
  -Ernie Kovacs