wine app cannot open 'c' drive ??

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Jun 1 11:09:56 CDT 2004

Dan Sawyer wrote:
> All,
>
> The app is MSWord; I am trying to open 'C' and MSWord/Wine reports a
> violation on attempting to open the dir. Other apps can read the
> directory. Where or how does Wine read privileges??

But can other applications write to the directory? It looks to me from
another post that you might be using a real Windows partition, so the
permissions are determined by /etc/fstab. In general, unless required
for some specific reason, you are probably better off with a "fake"
partition, and copying over any desired DLLs and fonts.