WINE 20040505 pukes while installing Office 97 Pro

JLB jlb at twu.net
Tue Jun 1 19:36:21 CDT 2004

(Here, m: is /mnt, which at the moment is a loopback-mounted Office 97
Pro SP1 install CD (that's an Office 97 Pro install CD with SP1 built in,
NOT just the SP1 that requires that you already have Office 97 installed ;) )

Run looks like this on the console:
gandalf:~/.wine/dosdevices# wine m:\setup.exe
Warning: could not find DOS drive for current working directory
'/home/jlb/wine/dosdevices', starting in the Windows directory.
err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such device
err:wave:OSS_WaveOutInit /dev/mixer1: No such device
err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 0 bytes in thread 000c eip 00111f00
esp 40551000 stack 0x40550000-0x40650000

The setup runs... asks me to confirm what directories it wants to go in...
and then just pops up a dialog saying that the setup was not successful.
It doesn't even pop up a progress bar for the copying, or in fact begin
the copying at all. It also doesn't ask for customisation of the install.
Before it can get to that stage, it craps out.

Any clues?

--
Jessica L. Blank, Systems Administrator, twu.net
Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.