Playing sound files under Wine?

Ewan Grantham ewan.grantham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 10:51:55 CDT 2004

Is there some way to configure the 05/05/2004 build of Wine to let you
use a (not the) Windows-based media player to playback sound files?
Trying to setup a program to do this it appears that my sound card
isn't being recognized (though it works for Linux programs), and I'm
wondering if this is a configuration issue or some kind of build
parameter I missed (compiled and installed Wine from source).

Running on a Debian distribution using a 2.4.24 kernel (to the extent
it matters).

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!