Program Arguments Broken?

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 10 12:06:15 CDT 2004

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:38:08 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  So I guess I am confused.  Is there any way I
> can do what I outlined below or is this impossible?  That is can I pass a
> parameter to the JetProxyServer or does wine always "intercept" it and
> pass it to java.exe?  Regards, John
>
> > On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:57:25 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
> >
> >> I have an unusual (although not unheard of) situation where I need to
> >> pass
> >> a parameter to a Java program that is running under wine.  My command
> >> looks something like:
> >>
> >> wine ../../Java/j2re1.4.1_01/bin/java.exe \
> >>       -classpath $LOCALCLASSPATH com.jet.jdbc.server.JETProxyServer \
> >>       -config $CONFIG_FILE

It is totally impossible, there is no JetProxyServer program to pass it
parameters. What I think is supposed to happen:

- wine launches java.exe and passes it ALL the parameters;
- java.exe inspects the parameters, takes JetProxyServer, launches it
and passes it the -config parameter.

There are several possibilities for things to go wrong here, but it is
hard to say since you haven't told anything that goes wrong.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl