Program Arguments Broken?

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 11 07:56:16 CDT 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:29:34 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

> >> If I take wine out of the picture and call Java using the following
> >> command it works properly:
> >>
> >> java -cp $LOCALCLASSPATH com.jet.jdbc.server.JETProxyServer -config
> >> $CONFIG_FILE

> > Things would be nicely explained if LOCALCLASSPATH is not set, or if it
> > contains bad stuff like spaces. Did you check that? For instance try the
> > command line with "wine" replaced by "echo".
>
> I have verified the environment vars and even replaced them with actual
> values to no avail.  Note that "Unrecognized option: -config" is
> definately coming from java.exe.

Sure. And the question is why it complains about it instead of silently
passing it to com.jet.jdbc.server.JETProxyServer. Is it possible hat
there is something wrong with that parameter or the processing of that
parameter?

In the end you may have to debug this thing. Run wine with
"WINEDEBUG=+relay wine ..."; direct the output to a file; load it in an
editor and look for the first occurrence of "Unrecognized option:"; from
that point upward look what the program is doing and reasons for
failure.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes