installing (Wine) via 'sudo'

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Fri Jun 18 04:05:26 CDT 2004

I am familiar with 'sudo' in some small degree, but still I miss one
important thing.

How can we configure it to run "make install" as a 'root' safely?  AFAIK
there is the only way to do it - by writing another script that wraps
"make install" ands by placing onto the fixed path.  This would let write
all the command name with the fixed path right into the 'sudoers' file.

I have seen lots of cases on the web where installation is to be made just
by configuring the things to run plain "sudo make install".  But isn't
that just a very insecure solution?  For example, I may create another
Makefile in my home directory and just may run "su -" command at the
"install" branch.

Am I missing some crucial information about configuring sudo?