[Wine]Re: to the administrators

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Thu Jun 24 10:16:27 CDT 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:12:31 +0100
Geoff Streeter <geoff at dyalog.com> wrote:

> On a scale of 0 to 9 where 0 is negative and 5 is positive. Count me in
> as a 1. I have explored the lists to which I subscribe and it appears to
> be 50-50. I must admit that I have never taken any notice up to now.

I cast another '1' vote. I'm not fanatic about eliminating it, but I can't
see any benefit ('cept that it 'looks nice'). Since it's by far the
easiest field to generate falsely, spammers can fool any [ ] filter and
get their msg sorted into my Wine folder.

> Another thing that does definitely annoy me is that some people's clocks
> seem to be set up strangely. Could the list fix the time as it
> re-transmits? I have to keep scrolling up through past, read, emails to
> find those that are as yet unread but off the top of the window.

Could that be because your program doesn't take into account the offset to
GMT (Z)? I rarely ever noticed such problem.

> The list could sensibly set the "reply to" address to be the list rather
> than the originating individual.

I second that too!

John