[Wine]Re: to the administrators

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Jun 24 13:28:03 CDT 2004

Geoff Streeter wrote:

> What I do find offensive is the gratuitous adding of Re: RE: Ang: etc.
> TCP/IP has one bit that says that the packet is part of an already
> initiated conversation. That seems enough. I suspect that people are not
> editing the subject line when they reply.

I don't really think that people on a wine-users list should need to do
that. It is not really a big enough problem on this list to bother me.

> Another thing that does definitely annoy me is that some people's clocks
> seem to be set up strangely. Could the list fix the time as it
> re-transmits? I have to keep scrolling up through past, read, emails to
> find those that are as yet unread but off the top of the window.

At least Mozilla will sort by Order Received, rather than message time.

> The list could sensibly set the "reply to" address to be the list rather
> than the originating individual.

Hmm.. well start a poll in a separate thread. That change I would only
make after a poll, rather than before. Again, I see this list as being
for general users, and am inclined to let them determine the rules. I'll
have to admit I have forgotten the reason why the list is done that way.
I read the list via gmane, and it already sets the reply to the list, so
it makes no difference to me personally.