[Wine]Re: I can't see any printer in wine

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Thu Jun 24 13:36:22 CDT 2004

antovar at yahoo.com wrote:
> If I switch to CUPS, will I see printers in wine?

It should work either way. I have a Redhat 7.3 system without CUPS, and
printing in Wine works ok.

> This my /etc/printcap
>
> ---------------------------
> local:\
>         :ml=0:\
>         :mx=0:\
>         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/local:\
>         :af=/var/spool/lpd/local/local.acct:\
>         :sh:\
>         :lp=/dev/lp0:\
>         :lpd_bounce=true:\
>         :if=/usr/share/printconf/util/mf_wrapper:
>
> Should I have a printer named "lp"?

No, "local" should be okay.

Open the file ~/.wine/system.reg in a text editor, and post the contents
of sections beginning:
[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers

Hopefully there will be such a section.

Also, post the [devices] and [windows] sections of the windows/win.ini
file on your Wine C: drive.