[Wine]Re: to the administrators

Shachar Shemesh wine-users at shemesh.biz
Fri Jun 25 00:52:24 CDT 2004

Duane Clark wrote:

> Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>

>> What is this list run on? Does it support per-user config? If so,
>> please let those users who desire it turn it on for themselves.
>>

> The list is run on mailman, and that is not part of the per user
> config. It does not surprise me that experienced users such as you
> would be annoyed. I would certainly not change the wine-devel or
> wine-patches lists, for that reason.
>
> I don't particularly care for the change either. But this list is
> really intended for the general user, and it appears to me that they
> favor it. So I am inclined to leave it this way.

Wrong logic, I think. Supposedly, I'm more of an answerer than an asker
on this list. If you are pushing me (and my "group") away, you are
reducing the usability of this list to the newbies. This is before we
mention such things as getting people to use the proper standards etc.

As for filtering, I just started up outlook express, saying "no way it's
so brain dead it can't filter on custom headers". My bad. It is so brain
dead after all. Sorry guys, all I can say is "use a proper mailing list
software". I've also checked Outlook, and it may or may not have such a
feature. The closest I got is
http://email.about.com/cs/outlooktips/qt/et081101.htm (Outlook, not
outlook express). It's amazing how popular such piece of !@*(@# can become.

          Shachar