sound under wine

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Mon Mar 1 08:58:39 CST 2004

> I am running an application under wine and I cannot get sound to function.
> Does how does on configure sound under wine?
Wine uses your linux sound driver, to do this it includes a few drivers to
interface to the native driver. These files are called with names like
wineoss.drv, winealsa.drv and so on. You configure the sound driver in your
config file, it's in your home directory under .wine/config look for a section
that looks like this

[WinMM]
; Uncomment the "Drivers" line matching your sound setting.

"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"      ; default for most common configurations
;"Drivers" = "winearts.drv"    ; for KDE
;"Drivers" = "winealsa.drv"    ; for ALSA users
;"Drivers" = "winejack.drv"    ; for Jack sound server
;"Drivers" = "winenas.drv"     ; for NAS sound system
;"Drivers" = "wineaudioio.drv" ; for Solaris machines
;"Drivers" = ""                ; to disable sound
"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

Ivan.