x-server with 2screens blanks while starting wine

the-fallen at web.de the-fallen at web.de
Wed Mar 3 13:16:06 CST 2004

Hi!

I just setup my ati radeon 9500 with fglrxconfig from the ati 3.7 drivers on a 2.6 kernel. I use primary a monitor and configured the x config file to use the tv as a second monitor which uses a different driver (graphic device section) due to different resolutions. All works pretty perfect, except for wine. No matter what i start in wine, my primary monitor blanks out while the tv keeps on running, but due to some bugs (i guess) in x it isnt totally useable. My current windowmanager is enlightenment dr16.
Here is the x11drv section of my wine config

[x11drv]
"AllocSystemColors" = "100"
"PrivateColorMap" = "N"
"PerfectGraphics" = "N"
"Managed" = "Y"
"Desktop" = "1024x768"
"UseDGA" = "Y"
"UseXShm" = "Y"
"UseXVidMode" = "Y"
"DXGrab" = "N"
"DesktopDoubleBuffered" = "Y"
"TextCP" = "0"
"Desktop" = "N"
"UseXRandR" = "Y"
"UseTakeFocus" = "Y"

And here are the relevant xconfig sections

Section "Module"
    Load        "dbe"
    SubSection  "extmod"
#      Option    "omit xfree86-dga"
    EndSubSection
    Load        "type1"
    Load        "freetype"
    Load        "glx"
    Load        "dri"
    Load        "ddc"
    Load        "GLcore"
    Load        "bitmap"
    Load        "speedo"
    Load        "record"
    Load        "vbe"
    Load        "int10"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "Monitor0"
    HorizSync   30-107
    VertRefresh 50-160
    Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "Monitor1"
    HorizSync   31.5
    VertRefresh 20-60
    Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier                          "ATI Graphics Adapter"
    Driver                              "fglrx"
    Option "mtrr"                       "off"
    Option "DesktopSetup"               "0x00000000"
    Option "MonitorLayout"              "CRT, STV"
    Option "HSync2"                     "unspecified"
    Option "VRefresh"                   "unspecified"
    Option "NoTV"                       "no"
    Option "TVStandard"                 "PAL-B"
    Option "Capabilities"               "0x00000000"
    Option "UseFastTLS"                 "2"
    Option "BlockSignalsOnLock"         "on"
    Option "UseInternalAGPGART"         "yes"
    Option "ForceGenericCPU"            "no"
    BusID "PCI:1:0:0"    # vendor=1002, device=4144
    Screen 0
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "ATI Graphics Adapter connector 1"
    Driver     "fglrx"
    BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
    Screen 1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen0"
    Device      "ATI Graphics Adapter"
    Monitor     "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth 24
    #Option "backingstore"

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes       "1600x1200" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
        ViewPort    0 0  # initial origin if mode is smaller than desktop
#        Virtual     1280 1024
    EndSubsection
EndSection

 Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen1"
    Device      "ATI Graphics Adapter connector 1"
    Monitor     "Monitor1"
    DefaultDepth 24
    #Option "backingstore"

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes       "640x480"
        ViewPort    0 0  # initial origin if mode is smaller than desktop
#        Virtual     1280 1024
    EndSubsection
 EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"