x11drv: cant open display

Frank Clements frankc at corp.ptd.net
Thu Mar 4 15:42:26 CST 2004

actually... let me elaborate on that.

anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

if you aren't blocking anything on your local machine ( and the remote
allow all external through unfiltered ) you can simply do export
DISPLAY=<local_ip>:0

if you and/or the other machine are behind a firewall you should be able
to send your display over the ssh tunnel by:

in your /etc/ssh/sshd_config make sure you have

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 0  ( i think that will work )

am i wrong?  I haven't tried this... or have I ever sent my display over
ssh, just read about it....

-fc