Windows Media Player

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Tue Mar 9 02:11:19 CST 2004

Am Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:30:17PM -0700 schrieb Anthony Joseph Seward:
> Some installation programs check that WMP of a certain version is
> already installed.  xine is useless in this respect.

I did not say you shouldn't install it. I said you should use Xine. Many
programs want to have the IE also. So what I did is to install IE6 which
comes with MP6.4 as a basis for all other installations. Afterwards you
can change the registry so that programs start xine instead of MP,
because this thing wants to have codecs you probably did not install and
many of them don't work with wine anyway. Also sound may be choppy and
not synchronous to your videos.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"